Jack in the Box - Not a bad starter job. Hard work. Low pay. But overall, a great company to work for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Jack in the Box

"Not a bad starter job. Hard work. Low pay. But overall, a great company to work for."

Former Employee - Register in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Register in San Diego, CA

I worked at Jack in the Box part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Corporate really has a solid business model
* Management was always fair and well trained
* Fast paced environment and rarely dull- opportunities to work all store stations.

Cons

* Management expects allot out of you. Unless your on break, you better have your hands busy.
* Pay was low. I think I made min. wage.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I loved working for JITB Would have stayed longer for more pay.

Other Employee Reviews for Jack in the Box

1. "Restructure = turmoil"

Current Employee - Marketing in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Jack in the Box full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Every other Friday off, central location, lots of good food

Cons

Major restructuring going on in the last year at the corporate office due to aggressive franchise plan

Advice to Management

Need better growth plans in place. Too much turmoil in last year.

"Monkeys could do a better job running this company."

Former Employee - Corporate Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Corporate Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Jack in the Box full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free drinks, casual dress code, fitness center, Jack in the Box restaurant in the building (not open to public), and pretty good health benefits...

Cons

Where do I begin? This place is going down the toilet fast! Ever since Paul (former COO) left, it's been a nightmare. The executives have no idea what they're doing and were only promoted based on who they are friends with or who they worked with in the past. They don't give a crap about their employees and unless you're in the "inner circle", you'll never have a chance for advancement.
    They'll say they can't afford giving bonuses, yet I know for a FACT the CEO gets a 7-figure bonus each year. They have laid off or "encouraged early retirement" for approx. half the corporate workforce in the past year and are outsourcing as many departments as they can for the cheapest prices possible.

Advice to Management

There is absolutely no point in trying to give advice to management- they'll never listen and will do whatever they want anyway. In just a few years, they have managed to turn this company from one of the best places to work in San Diego, to one of the worst. So sad.