Jack in the Box - good pay and benefits, no outside life...operations treats it's folks like machines | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Jack in the Box

"good pay and benefits, no outside life...operations treats it's folks like machines"

Current Employee - District Manager
Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Jack in the Box full-time

Pros

great pay, great benefits, good food

Cons

on call 24/7, difficult to have any sort of life outside of work. Very demanding, high stress. Senior management treats operations folks like droid peons

Other Employee Reviews for Jack in the Box

1. "I only worked at jack in the Box because I needed money."

Former Employee - Team Leader
    Former Employee - Team Leader

I worked at Jack in the Box part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You have the satisfaction of making the customer happy and you're able to expand your network. I have received tips from regular customers and a few business cards from customers. Ocassionally you have a fun time working with your co-workers and making new friends.

Cons

The employees are overworked when it is busy. You are expected to do too much on your own and deliver fast service. You do not get recognized for your acheivements very often. If you fail a mystery guest even when you usually do an excellent job you run the risk of getting fired and that is not right. The company demands too much from empoyees with little pay.

2. "Great customers. Awful management."

I worked at Jack in the Box full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people were fantastic and kind. Loved my customers.

Cons

The management stole from the employees and the store. Was told by my district manager that I belonged to Jack in the Box. After the death of my father they expected me to come back immediately. Multiple right ups for not coming in. No safety on graveyard shift. Was the Senior Team Manager for 4 years and left with only 9.00/hr salary. They also expected me to clock out and continue working, and if anything was wrong such as a fake bill or a drawer shortage, I was expected to pay out of pocket.