Jack in the Box - Not a bad job during school. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Jack in the Box

"Not a bad job during school."

Former Employee - Cashier/Cook in Pleasanton, CA
Former Employee - Cashier/Cook in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Jack in the Box part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Flexible hours,
- Positive environment
- I worked there while I was a college student and it gave me money in my pocket and provided me with a steady paycheck and flexible hours when I needed. Overall it wasn't a bad experience while I worked at the Pleasanton store (which is a nice upper-middle class city)

Cons

- Depending on the restaurant, there can be understaffing during crucial hours.
- Pay
-I also worked at the Stockton Ca store when I transferred schools and had a much different experience, not because of management or co-workers, but the neighborhood and clientele of the restaurant. Stockton is a notoriously bad city and while working I had to deal with many drug addicts and homeless people that wandered in the store.

Other Employee Reviews for Jack in the Box

"too much stress, not enough pay"

Current Employee - Team Leader in City of Industry, CA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in City of Industry, CA

I have been working at Jack in the Box full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

free food,free food, free food

Cons

rude customers, bad schedules, low pay, unconsiderate upper managemet

"Assistant Restaurant Manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Jack in the Box full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly Regulars and most co-worker. Respectful restaurant managers doing the best with their hands tied by the corporate office. Good benefits for management employees.

Cons

The Company structure was inviting and effective during the Paul Schultz administration. Paul started out as a regular employee and moved up the corporate ladder. The new corporate structure (Linda Lang) has no idea whats its like working directly with their customer base and have unrealistic expectations of their employees given their training, compensation and treatment. Their bottom line has become their only goal. Employee rewards and retention plans became non existant. Hours are too hectic. Night shift is understaffed and overworked. Late night customers are either drunk, irritated or druggies. Jack's Most Admired Brand Consultation standards are bordering "Obsessively Compulsive" and Corporate management like to come into Restaurants at random and scatter like cochroaches looking for anything they can scrutinize. Open on Christmas and Thanksgiving to almost non existant customer base. and if an employee messes up ever so slightly they are written up, most commonly for things that are out on their control.

Advice to Management

Work in your own restaurant for 2 weeks and then make your policies and prodecures. Arbitrarily making policies with out practical knowledge is ignorant of reality