Jack in the Box - Nice place | Glassdoor

"Nice place"

Pros

If you like working with people that know what they want from their career, this is the place

Cons

Get a life, find a better career - that's what I was told by one of the coworkers and this is exactly what I did. No regrets.

Other Employee Reviews for Jack in the Box

1. "Possibly the worst place to work for."

Former Employee - Cashier/Cook in Thornton, CO
    Former Employee - Cashier/Cook in Thornton, CO

I worked at Jack in the Box part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-They started me out about 20 cents above minimum wage.
    -Learned some of the fast food business' tactics and techniques to help with future jobs.

Cons

-Useless tasks were always assigned to the cooks when we were very busy. Portioning French Fries? Really? That's one of the many unnecessary tasks assigned daily.

-No clear direction of the company. From the time I started to 8 months later when I quit, things got changed around more than I can count. It seemed like upper management would change things around just to make our lives more difficult.

-Management didn't care about anything, especially people beneath them. Good luck trying to get days off in advance. If it conflicted with any of the other 48 people working there's schedule, or they just didn't feel like taking you off the schedule, you will be working that day. The managers will constantly tell you how slow you are and how you don't know how to do some things (even though they don't bother training you).

-Training? Yeah right. I watched an hour of some stupid video about food safety, and the next day I was there on the fryer, trying to figure it out by myself. They put me on the cash register for a while, and never taught me how to count the drawer.

-No set schedule. Some weeks they would schedule me for 8 hours, and the next I would be working 20. I would work from 5pm-10pm some days, and the next it would be 6am-2pm. It was very unpredictable.

-You will work under constant threats of being fired. I remember when corporate came into our location once and everyone freaked out because they've fired people on the spot for saying the wrong sentence when they ask "What is your job?" People will talk behind your back and you will get write ups for their lies, without even being confronted about it. You will be threatened that if you break something, YOU will have to pay for it out of pocket.

I could go on and on, but you get the idea. DO NOT WORK HERE.

2. "Cool Team to be on"

Current Employee - Cashier in Kent, WA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Kent, WA

I have been working at Jack in the Box part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of Fun
    Great people
    Awesome food

Cons

Constant Accusing
    other then that nothing i can think of

Advice to Management

Relax a little to the specific person.