Jack in the Box - My first job experience in Houston | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Jack in the Box

"My first job experience in Houston"

Pros

close to my house, good food

Cons

less than 40 hours, low income

Advice to Management

Make some hispanic foods

Other Employee Reviews for Jack in the Box

"It's a very harsh environment to work."

Pros

Free food, drinks, get to try new things, opportunity for advancement, checks every two weeks, making your food unique sometimes.

Cons

Rude coworkers, poor management, terrible customers, no breaks, no meals, end up staying 2-3 hours after your shift ends, constant threats of being fired. Issues and needs are not taken care of. Go through management like a box of tissues. Had to train myself on everything. Got no formal training whatsoever. Those videos teach you nothing and the stuff they should be teaching you you only learn when you become team leader. People think its cool but you have to deal with way more bs and only get paid 75c more for it. If you have a choice don't work here and don't be team leader. It's is not worth it. And I wouldn't suggest going higher. Management gets kicked out every six months as it is.

Advice to Management

Don't punish your good employees while your bad employees get away with everything.

2. "Great History ...Future in question"

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at Jack in the Box full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This was a great place to work. Employees were promoted based on sucess and the company looked out for thier folks. It use to be a badge of honor to work here for a long time.

Cons

The last few years the management acted like people that had been at the company very long was a liability.

Advice to Management

It really does just come down to good people. You need to recognized individuals rather than generalize. You may be right hast it is hard to implement big changes with staff that has been with the company for a long time but you won't find success being so hostile to long term employees.