Jack in the Box - OverWorked,UnderPaid and UnAppreciated | Glassdoor

"OverWorked,UnderPaid and UnAppreciated"

Current Employee - Team Leader in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Team Leader in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Jack in the Box full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

No pros all bad

Cons

Pay is minimal damands are ridiculous constantly changing

Advice to Management

Treat ALL the employees with respect and dignity ... try asking employees about what really goes on in your restaurants... show appreciation to ALL employees ... u only seem to reward assistance and up and they do the least work... evaluate employees on their work not the sales at store ... the employees have no control over sales even when they suggestive sell and give customer a wow experience

Other Employee Reviews for Jack in the Box

"It's a very harsh environment to work."

Pros

Free food, drinks, get to try new things, opportunity for advancement, checks every two weeks, making your food unique sometimes.

Cons

Rude coworkers, poor management, terrible customers, no breaks, no meals, end up staying 2-3 hours after your shift ends, constant threats of being fired. Issues and needs are not taken care of. Go through management like a box of tissues. Had to train myself on everything. Got no formal training whatsoever. Those videos teach you nothing and the stuff they should be teaching you you only learn when you become team leader. People think its cool but you have to deal with way more bs and only get paid 75c more for it. If you have a choice don't work here and don't be team leader. It's is not worth it. And I wouldn't suggest going higher. Management gets kicked out every six months as it is.

Advice to Management

Don't punish your good employees while your bad employees get away with everything.

2. "Bad management and no diversity in language"

Former Employee - Cashier in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Jack in the Box full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

make fast money, and secure job, because everyone quits, they'd want to keep you. Not dirty, but not clean too.

Cons

They didn't do the whole training for me. And I worked there for 4 months. My manager told me that the floor gets dirty again, so why spend so much time. She said this, yelling, in front of customers. Also, everyone spoke Spanish. I heard my name while I'm working many times. It didn't feel very nice. A $100 bill got stolen, the manager asked everyone to cut from their checks. Unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Be more organized with money, and give better training. Diversify the language and don't talk behind my back in a language I barely understand.