Jackson Hewitt - Great place to work. The managers are all professional, cool, and down to earth | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Jackson Hewitt

"Great place to work. The managers are all professional, cool, and down to earth"

Current Employee - Tac Consultant in West Hartford, CT
Current Employee - Tac Consultant in West Hartford, CT

I have been working at Jackson Hewitt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've learned a lot about being a Tax Consultant. They provide you with a lot of training and they are always there for you. You are encouraged to make a lot of critical decisions. You acquire a lot of knowledge through training, as well as applying those skills incorporating Jackson Hewitt's Profiler Tax Preparation Program. The more returns you do, the more proficient and confident you become. I will eventually pursue corporate tax once I have completed my BA in Accounting

Cons

The work can be very time consuming and stressful, you are dealing with important IRS rules and regulations and a lot of responsibility towards your self, the client and the company. You have to be very knowledgeable of all the IRS rules. Considering all the responsibility that is acquired of you-your are not financially well compensated. It's only seasonal.

Advice to Management

In regards to corporate, I feel we should be compensated more for all the responsibility we have pertaining to all the functions of the job. Otherwise, my managers and general manger are wonderful people. You couldn't ask for better people to work for!!!!!!!

Other Employee Reviews for Jackson Hewitt

1. "Great First job"

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Northport, AL
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Northport, AL

I worked at Jackson Hewitt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay for a 15 year old at that time

Cons

Argumentative adults I worked with,

Advice to Management

Hire younger faces

2. "Great start up, little appreciation"

Current Employee - Tax Preparer in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Tax Preparer in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Jackson Hewitt part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They really do care about clients from all walks of life, and tend to hire folks who reflect a diverse background. VERY thorough in training and supportive during the tax season.

Cons

Paltry pay and nepotism. they put so much effort into training you, which is great, but there is little reward for being passionate about what you do.

Advice to Management

Pay your star employees better. $10 an hour for completing complex returns along with the sad commission at the end of the year doesn't really inspire the good employees to come back. This is how you lose good employees to competitors!