Jackson Hewitt - Fabulous seasonal job! | Glassdoor

"Fabulous seasonal job!"

Current Employee - Tax Preparer in Blacksburg, VA
Current Employee - Tax Preparer in Blacksburg, VA

I have been working at Jackson Hewitt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great hours scheduled and competitive pay. Profiler software takes most of the misery out of doing taxes. Wide range of location types available. JHnet is one of the best employee communication tools I've ever used.

Cons

Seasonal work. Expected to work late by HOURS without complaint.. Stressful amount of responsibility. Will not pay for the RTPT. No benefits, no way to climb in the company, lack of opportunity.

Advice to Management

Consider a program to offset the cost of the RTPT

Other Employee Reviews for Jackson Hewitt

1. "Bored"

Current Employee - Tax Preparer in El Dorado, AR
    Current Employee - Tax Preparer in El Dorado, AR

I have been working at Jackson Hewitt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's fairly easy work, and most customer interactions are pleasant.

Cons

My first 3 weeks, I worked full time, 6 days a week. Now I have begun my 4th week, and they have cut my hours down to 12 (which is weird because it's peak tax season). They only pay minimum wage, and I had to put out my own money to get this job (tax course and PTIN was over $200). They always want me to come in at the last minute when I am not scheduled to be there.

Advice to Management

Take more of an interest in your tax preparers, and provide reimbursement for the expenses incurred to start working.

2. "I enjoyed my experience because my manager gave me responsibilities only the most trusted employee would be granted."

Former Employee - Tax Preparer in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Tax Preparer in Richmond, VA

I worked at Jackson Hewitt part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed the fast-paced tax return atmosphere and the multi-tasking required on the job. As long as I was busy with clients, the IRS, or office work, I enjoyed working there.

Cons

There were lulls or slumps at different points during the regular tax season so when it was slow, it could become boring and the day seemed long. In addition, when it was slow, my hours along with my co-workers were cut.

Advice to Management

More incentives as far as increasing the commission per return completed. The hourly pay should be higher as well.