Jackson Laboratory - Nothing ever changes at JAX West | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Jackson Laboratory

"Nothing ever changes at JAX West"

Former Employee - In Vivo Technician (RA) in Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - In Vivo Technician (RA) in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Jackson Laboratory full-time

Pros

Great coworkers in In Vivo. Excellent experience for young tech's out of college.

Cons

Managment keeps saying that things will change for the better, however, it usually changes for the worst. No follow up to any issues that the eployees have. Promises are not kept by upper managment. "Lab operational supervisors" hide out all day in an office with out supervising anything. NO upward mobilty.

Advice to Management

Managment keeps asking WHY so many people are unhappy and leaving, the answers are in front of you, you just need to follow up. There are opportunites in sacramento other than JAX; people will continue to leave until you value them. Stop blaming the workers for the faults of the managment.

Other Employee Reviews for Jackson Laboratory

"Jackson Lab West"

Former Employee - In Vivo Lab Technician II (RA II) in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - In Vivo Lab Technician II (RA II) in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Jackson Laboratory full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a strong connection between coworkers.

Cons

The working conditions at Jax West are poor. The management does not care about the employees or the mice they are working with. This is different than Jax East, which seems like a good place to work and i have no idea why there is this disconnect between the two. There is little to no understanding of how science works. Jax West In Vivo group is the worst lab I have ever work at. I have never worked with a more stressed out, disorganized, demoralized group in my life.

Advice to Management

Money is not the only thing that matters in life. There are many labs, both professional and educational, that find a way to do research while keeping their employees satisfied with their work. If you could improve morale and separate the housekeeping from the actual science work, you could reduce turnover. When one of our coworkers leaves Jax, we all celebrate like someone just got out of jail. How is it that you don't understand how unhappy your employees are?

"Never work here"

Former Employee - Animal Care Trainee II in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Animal Care Trainee II in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Jackson Laboratory full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a job that paid money.

Cons

Treated like a machine. If you like killing many animals on a daily basis, this job is for you!

Advice to Management

Please quit.