Jackson Therapy - Been there done that | Glassdoor

"Been there done that"

I have been working at Jackson Therapy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Environment, the camaraderie among the team is really good. We worked hard but there was good team activities also like the Corporate 5k, potluck lunches and other activities. The company is very charitably minded.

Cons

Traffic on University Blvd. is tough during morning hours during times that UCF is in session. The atmosphere is sometimes noisy but people are working hard.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are. The team is getting better.

Other Employee Reviews for Jackson Therapy

"Excellent teamwork when there isn't blatant favoritism"

Former Employee - National Recruiter in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - National Recruiter in Orlando, FL

I worked at Jackson Therapy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hands down the office culture is the best thing about JTP. Someone complained about the music playing through the office, but it's meant to motivate the team and get people excited to work and make 100+ calls. The best manager I ever had in my life came from JTP, someone I still consider a mentor. We had a few true leaders who where masters of their craft. They tried very hard to get the whole company involved to work as a team with everything from filling certain jobs to pot lucks. They always tried to think outside the box and come up with new ways to gain business and grow the company further. They are a genuine group of people and most everyone got along. Most people leave because the job is stressful and challenging, but the company itself is great.

Cons

Although they had some stellar managers, they also had managers who were clearly promoted by favoritism and not because they were the best person for the job. Even though they tried to think outside the box, many ideas that were brought to the table by "non-favorites" or non management either weren't brought into fruition or took a long time to be implemented. They had to deal with a severely declining market and didn't have a solid strategy to deal with it. They definitely could pay more compared to what their competitors are offering but they absolutely promote from within very often.

Advice to Management

Consider annual salary reviews. Even with a commission structure it's important to treat your tenured people as such. Stick with managers who aren't just great cheerleaders, but can truly lead the team and do the job exceptionally.

Jackson Therapy Response

Nov 12, 2015 – Marketing Manager

Thank you so much for your insight and for bringing the perception of favoritism to our attention. As a former employee of 3 years, we find your feedback especially valuable and have taken your... More

"Good people, subpar compensation for the industry, unprofessional work environment"

Former Employee - Business Development in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Business Development in Orlando, FL

I worked at Jackson Therapy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual work environment, lack of micro-management, fun group of people

Cons

Commissions not adequate for work put in, LOUD music playing all day (including vulgar material, as management likes this station), unprofessionalism galore, clique type of environment, and there is favoritism shown toward senior reps when it comes to leads and rules of engagement. Desks aren't even cubes, you can reach over and touch your neighbor, no privacy to conduct business.

Advice to Management

Structure territories to be fair, stop the loud and offensive music, we are adults.