Jacobs Associates - I am honored to work for this firm | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Jacobs Associates

"I am honored to work for this firm"

I have been working at Jacobs Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Top notch colleagues - everyone I have worked with and around are intelligent professionals; most are published, many have niche specialty experience, all have great attitudes and integrity. The leadership of the firm are high quality, inspirational individuals who are well respected in the industry and very down-to-earth.

Due to the specialty nature of the work Jacobs Associates does, many of the projects are high profile and technically challenging. There are numerous opportunities to learn and contribute on these projects.

I am totally satisfied with my total compensation package (benefits, salary, profit sharing, 401k matching, bonus, stock, and "volunteer time off").

When I joined Jacobs Associates after working for two other firms in the industry, one of my primary goals was to improve my work-life balance. All of my colleagues at JA have a great work-life balance. This has shown me that it is ok to work hard during the day and have a balanced life outside of work. I have never been happier at work!

Cons

HR has prepared a matrix outlining the criteria/requirements for promotions; but there seem to be additional unpublished factors that also determine if/when promotions occur. This is not a deal-breaker for me because I am very satisfied in my current role; but if you are impatient and expect rapid promotion, you might be disappointed.

Other Employee Reviews for Jacobs Associates

1. "Challenging Work - Incredible People"

I have been working at Jacobs Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Relaxed Culture, International Opportunities, Supervisors care that employees are engaged -interested in their work and continually learning, learning environment is encouraged, diverse work options, design, construction management, and claims. Big enough to have alot of opportunities, small enough to know everyone, collegial environment, senior management are experts in their field.

Cons

No Office in Hawaii yet.

2. "JA was the right move for me."

I have been working at Jacobs Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We have expertise in almost all areas of underground design and construction, help is a click away.

Cons

I have spent the last ten minutes trying to think of a down side, but have come up empty.