Jacobs - Large Company with growing pains | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Jacobs

"Large Company with growing pains"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

Flexible hours
Stock Profit sharing
Good office atmosphere
Reasonable benefits
Good salary

Cons

Disjointed management due to too many acquistions
Uneven IT support
At times, inadequate staffing

Advice to Management

Local Senior Managers need to look more closely at what is causing a downturn in office morale: some people are overworked while others hang on without pulling their weight. Accountability needs to be applied across the board to managment and staff with clear and concise expectations and consequences. This means establishing realistic budgets with monitoring. If a project is underfunded don't make the employees carry the burden.

Other Employee Reviews for Jacobs

"Jacobs is a great place to work. The management is very focused on keeping us happy and motivated."

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Seattle, WA

Pros

I feel needed and appreciated at Jacobs. The pay is good, I get regular raises, and the management is very actively watching out for me. The contract I was on ran out and they carried me for about 6 months doing practically nothing until they found another position for me. There is a team of people who's specific job is to make sure that the employees have continuing employment from project to project, and another team who work dilligently to promote cooperation, participation, and communication between employees. There is a program called Beyond Zero, which means what if we had zero accidents but went beyond that and actively took care of each other. They are spending a LOT of money and time promoting us actively taking care of each other. I was skeptical at first, but it's actually working. The diverse work group is starting to feel like a team. The world wide management organization is starting to feel like a benevolent force rather than a numbers cruncher. I'm starting to believe the core value of "people are our greatest asset". They are doing a lot to make sure I don't look for a different job.

Cons

Much of the work is project work, which means that it will be completed and you will have a different project soon. This could be a con or a plus, depending... The medical benefits are not stellar. They are certainly adequate.

Advice to Management

Thank you for all the hard work you are doing to keep us working for Jacobs. It seems to be paying off!

"Good People, very knowledgeable staff, but poor Management."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

There are some very intelligent and hard working employees working for Jacobs.

Cons

The Human Resource Department is terribly mis-managed, and unorganized. The HRBP's seem over worked and burnt out. There seems to be a pattern

Advice to Management

Corporate should be managing HR in a more shared services type manner!