Jacobs - Good People, very knowledgeable staff, but poor Management. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Jacobs

"Good People, very knowledgeable staff, but poor Management."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

There are some very intelligent and hard working employees working for Jacobs.

Cons

The Human Resource Department is terribly mis-managed, and unorganized. The HRBP's seem over worked and burnt out. There seems to be a pattern

Advice to Management

Corporate should be managing HR in a more shared services type manner!

Other Employee Reviews for Jacobs

1. "Different offices are independant, but local management really care about employees"

Current Employee - Project Manager in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in New Orleans, LA

Pros

Their managers want to help and care for their employees at most of the segments.

Cons

Company has become less technical and now they do cafeteria support and janitorial. In the past their jobs and duties were more focused on innovation and ideas.

"The Jacobs Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

On the contract I currently support there are many good things. The employees strive to live the "Culture of Caring" that Jacobs promotes. We are safety concious and genuinely care for each other across the board.

Cons

The biggest Con I see is the severe lack of communication. This occures within teams and across the board. In our current environment the mood is grim as many have been layed off due to contract and customer budget cuts. Now is the time we should see our managers, hear from them and be considered by them. Everyone is in a state of unrest and desire answers. Even if the answers are not what we want to hear. They are what we NEED to hear.

Advice to Management

It is imparative that each team lead, manager, and director know the team and the individuals that work for them. There are many untapped individuals floating around doing good at their tasks however their talents could be utilized to a much better resolution that will bennifit Jacobs and each team member. So the short and skinny of it is dont underestimate your team. Figure them out... even if you dont like them.