Jacobs - Good place to be. | Glassdoor

"Good place to be."

Pros

Good pay & benefits. Room for advancement. Professional work environment.

Cons

Nothing unique to Jacobs, a few bad apples like any work place. I enjoyed the company culture overall.

Other Employee Reviews for Jacobs

1. "i enjoyed my time at Jacobs, it is a great company...."

Former Employee - Project Administrative in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Project Administrative in Arlington, VA

I worked at Jacobs full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent work environment and benefits, many possibilities of growth.....

Cons

Supervisor needed better personal relations and communication skills, other than that it was a great job.

"Technician"

Former Employee - Technician in Dearborn, MI
    Former Employee - Technician in Dearborn, MI

I worked at Jacobs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent Ford work environment, excellent Ford Management. Work as a subcontractor at Ford Motor Company. Good way to get your foot in the door at Ford. 3 weeks paid vacation and all Ford holidays off with pay.

Cons

Horrible Jacobs managers. Very low pay rates, according to industry standards. Sub-par health benefits package with a very high employee contribution. Even once you have proven yourself to be an asset to the company, they refuse to pay employees accordingly. Jacobs management flat-out lies to your face without shame, and makes promises of raises or bonuses that never materialize. It is a constant "revolving door," with high turn over rates. Management does not follow it's mantra of "our people are our greatest asset." Jacobs management could not care less about its employees. I have seen great employees get treated horribly by Jacobs management because the supervisor was in a bad mood. If you get an offer from another employer, Jacobs will do little to keep you, maybe offer you $0.25 an hour to stay, when your new job will pay at least $5.00 an hour more than what Jacobs pays. Oh, by the way, overtime is almost non-existent. Good luck paying your bills if you take a Jacobs position.

Advice to Management

Advice to Ford Management: get rid of Jacobs Technologies, hire the good Jacobs Techs into Ford, and regain control of your employee base.