Jacobs - Not bad, they have been good to me. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Jacobs

"Not bad, they have been good to me."

Current Employee - Anonymours in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Anonymours in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

CEO cares about people .. does best not to lay people off. Good work-life balance on military contracts. A lot of work with interesting technology, if you are in the right division.

Cons

Some corporate directives don't work for business units, causing headaches. Benefits were better two years ago than now. The acquisition by Jacobs technology hasn't been a positive for Tybrin employees. Sometimes top management has been less than honest.

Advice to Management

Give more autonomy to people at the division level. There has been some dishonesty and sugar coating to keep employees placated.

Other Employee Reviews for Jacobs

"Leaving as soon as possible"

Current Employee - Business Manager in South Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Business Manager in South Houston, TX

Pros

Very little commute, time off when needed. Interesting technology work that would not be available in non space related industry.

Cons

Jacobs is laying off workers based on age and high salary and anyone that tells the truth. Jacobs management makes hiring decisions based on younger age without any qualms of who knows.

Advice to Management

Do not plan on winning your NASA contract again

"Changes need to be made"

Former Employee - Data Center Coordinator in Pasadena, TX
    Former Employee - Data Center Coordinator in Pasadena, TX

Pros

Very good company to work as far as putting family first. Very understanding when they're family issues that you need to take care of.

Cons

Can't trust them. They will lay you off no matter how loyal you are or how long you have been employed. I've seen many a layoff over the years that I worked there. Never mattered on how many years of service or how good of a worker they are. They can very easily dismiss you. I was employed with them for 18 years. Called me one day and said today is your last day. Job was outsourced to India and they would like for me to stay until the transition is complete. No thank you.!

Advice to Management

They should not allow people from another country to come in and mythodically take American jobs back to their country, and I believe they should consider length of service and loyalty before they easily lay someone off. Also, they need to get rid of their slogan..."people are our greatest asset"...Clearly they are not.