Jama Software - Great product, people, culture & company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Jama Software

"Great product, people, culture & company"

Former Employee - Technical Account Manager in Portland, OR
Former Employee - Technical Account Manager in Portland, OR

I worked at Jama Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Great people. Jama does a wonderful job of taking their time to hire smart, hard working people that will fit in well within the company culture.
* Great product. They are disrupting an existing industry and established market... and crushing it.
* Not too much micro-management.
* Good compensation, benefits and office environment.
* Opportunities for advancement.

Cons

The culture can at times reinforce being seen versus getting actual work done (ie: better to be at your desk surfing the web at 7pm than actually getting things done working from home).

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Remember to trust the great employees that you have hired.

Other Employee Reviews for Jama Software

1. "Growth Opportunity with Growing Pains"

I have been working at Jama Software full-time

Pros

Good culture and work life balance.

Cons

Backlog of product and feature requests that would help existing customers and prospects.

Advice to Management

Focus on a market segment and stick with it. Enterprise, mid-market, growth?

"Good if you need a job, Bad if you want a job where you can grow"

I worked at Jama Software full-time

Pros

Most of the people were nice and fun to work with. I felt like I made genuine friends here.

Nice office environment. Can work from home, bring dogs in. Bike friendly

Cons

- No room for growth: This is true. If you are someone who is hungry to be challenged and have opportunity to grow, keep looking. You will be pigeon-holed. If you are desperate for a job, take it. But if you have other options, keep looking.

- Poor compensation: I knew I was getting paid less than I could get somewhere else but I hoped that a promotion or something would happen soon. Nope. And when I tried to negotiate, I was given false promises. This happened to a couple other co-workers as well. So don't fall prey for it. People who successfully negotiated threatened to leave because they had other offers.

- Lack of diversity: If you are person of color, keep looking. There is a general lack of empathy and understanding of how to manage people of color or people with diverse perspectives who don't fit into a cookie cutter box

Advice to Management

Value your people. Don't just watch talented people walk away. Talented people will always find a great job somewhere, so you can reward them and have them stay or watch institutional knowledge, relationships and loyalty walk out the door.