Jamba Juice - A great experience, especially as a first job | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Jamba Juice

"A great experience, especially as a first job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

advancement, development, fun, healthy , recognition

Cons

time consuming, a lot of menu changes all the time

Other Employee Reviews for Jamba Juice

1. "decent low pressure introduction to food service industry"

Former Employee - Team Member in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Team Member in New York, NY

Pros

The management team was pretty chill in my experience there meaning that they were patient and understanding, and very good about giving time off and such. The payment system is reliable like most gigantic companies. It was easy to catch on quickly to my responsibilities, and overall it's just a good place to dip your toes in the food service industry. Also you get a break during your shift by policy which some food service jobs do not allow, and you get an employee discount which is pretty cool.

Cons

the schedule is unreliable (it changes week to week) AND their work weeks are wednesday-tuesday so it was irritating wanting to plan out my week on sunday or so but not knowing for sure when i would be working next. Also, in my experience management hired too many people during my time there so everyone was complaining about not getting enough hours; if you didnt need the money so much it was just a little annoying not to be making more money, but if you were really relying on the paycheck it was legitimately unfair.

Advice to Management

I approve of the relaxed environment the management team at my store facilitated but sometimes on the flip side it also brought about some disorganization. The only part that I felt really truly needed to be addressed was the overhiring issue. I realize how many applicants there are, but for that very reason I think that hirings should be more strategic than they were while I was there so that A) management is satisfied by the shifts always being covered and B) the employees can all be satisfied by meeting their hours and subsequently paycheck expectations without labor being too high.

2. "Cannot say enough good!"

Former Employee - Training Mentor in Modesto, CA
    Former Employee - Training Mentor in Modesto, CA

Pros

Positive Environment,
    Fairly easy to "catch on",
    EXCELLENT management and CEO (Yes, I got to meet him!),
    Easy to stand behind your product because everything is great,
    Clean working environment,
    Nice "raise" system,
    Clear communication from all management,
    They hire only the best!

Cons

I don't really like mopping floors,
    Starts at minimum wage,
    Sometimes the customers are picky,
    No more shift meals I've heard

Advice to Management

Somehow, you've created an excellent "family" of workers, and I'm so happy that Jamba only hires the best in Customer Service. It was a wonderful company to work fore, sometimes I miss working there a lot!