Jamba Juice - Flexible, college job | Glassdoor

"Flexible, college job"

Former Employee - Team Memer in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Team Memer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Jamba Juice part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedules, allows for lots of time off and is easy to switch from store to store.

Cons

In 4 years, with lots of managerial praise, only got 4 raises from 8.10-8.75. Lots of manager changes, so they never felt comfortable evaluating the team. Has become a much cheaper and corporate company since I started, shrinking sizes, raising prices, without telling customers in advance, running shifts understaffed to meet their "hours goal"

Advice to Management

Keep customers happier, and have enough team members running your busy times of the day. Give out the semi-annual raise that you promise.

Other Employee Reviews for Jamba Juice

"Can't believe this Company"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Jamba Juice full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I thought Jamba was about doing the right thing but have been proven wrong.

Cons

Jamba Juice is all about making money and cutting expenses. As a result us front line workers are being nickeled and dimed and our hours cut left and right.

I can't believe the CEO makes $1M + per year and we get $8/hour with tight shifts...

Advice to Management

Don't be so greedy, listen to what employees are saying and change your tune...

2. "I've had better jobs"

Current Employee - Team Member in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Team Member in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Jamba Juice part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's very easy, with a fun, bright environment, possibility to become a shift lead. The customers are a lot nicer than, say, coffee customers. Good for a high school student, not much else. Company makes a lot of revenues and offers a free smoothie during shift.

Cons

Management (in my district) is not good. There are some sketchy happenings with the "uppers." Management uses swear words and provides unprofessional environment, demoralizing the staff. Starting pay is 20 cents over minimum wage. Limited hours, unable to pay my bills. Note: this is a privately owned district, not corporate. It may be different in california.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect. Grace begets grace. Training needs to come up to date with technology.