Jamba Juice - Good for college students | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Jamba Juice

"Good for college students"

Former Employee - Team Member in Long Beach, CA
Former Employee - Team Member in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Jamba Juice part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice and cool during the summer. Employees get a card that they can use to get half of their smoothie. There are annual raises, not very much though.

Cons

May get very dirty on busy days. Some customers may also be very rude. Lines will get out the door on the summer days. Almost no hours during the winter.

Advice to Management

Get to know your employees instead of favoring people that would kiss ass.

Other Employee Reviews for Jamba Juice

"Always 'cutting labor'."

Former Employee - Team Member in Minnetonka, MN
    Former Employee - Team Member in Minnetonka, MN

I worked at Jamba Juice part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent opportunity for advancement; I worked at Jamba for a month and a half and was given the opportunity to apply for management positions. Co-workers were generally friendly and supportive in day-to-day matters, and responded to competence and hard work with a lot of verbal affirmation.

Cons

Franchise-specific issues:

In the month and a half I worked here, I had three of my shifts cut after they were scheduled. I was offered 30 hours/week when I was hired, and never actually got more than 25. 16-20 was more likely. I was continually being cut hours early, scheduled for short (5 1/2-6 hour) shifts, and forced to take unpaid 1/2 hour breaks on short shifts, below the legal threshold requiring a lunch break.

Once, I was asked to get a stock item on my unpaid break.

Corporate issues:

I had to sign paperwork indicating permission for Jamba to require me to use my car on company business, and absolving them of any liability for damage incurred in the course of such business. While they never actually required this of me during my time there, I'm extremely uncomfortable granting such license--but needed the job.

While working a register, a team member cannot open their own drawer or enter certain discounts without a manager's password. This became a problem when managers were offsite on bank runs, and also contributed to a sense of being continually mistrusted.

Company policy forbids employees socializing outside of work--ostensibly to avoid gossip and cliques, but probably also to prevent workers from organizing or engaging in any kind of collective action. I didn't stick around long enough to find out for sure if Jamba is "that kind" of employer.

Jamba has a list of instand-termination offenses which are part of training, and add to the culture of mistrust which Jamba's corporate and managment philosophies create for team members.

Advice to Management

If your employees are able to pay their bills, you'll be able to retain a hardworking, loyal group of adult workers. If you continue to manage in the post-recession economy as if you're managing high school students, you'll face high turnover and poor work ethics.

2. "Too short."

Former Employee - Team Member in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Team Member in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Jamba Juice part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Constant flow of work, interaction with many customers, great work environment. The mood set in Jamba Juice makes you want to help contribute to it.

Cons

It was a tough job for me to get to, without proper transportation. The UCLA campus was hectic all the time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!