Jamison Professional Services - Small business trying to do the right thing the right way | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Jamison Professional Services

"Small business trying to do the right thing the right way"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Jamison Professional Services as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ethical, intentions are to treat the client and thier employess appropriately. Have a schizophrenic approach to thier strategy, 1/2 the business is specialty printing and mail camapaigns the other 1/2 is staffing under government contracts.

Cons

Infrastructure is good but if you are a contract employee on a government contract you are basically on your own. Don't make the mistake of ever getting comfortable in your assignment, keep it simple do what needs to be done and don't go native ( identifing with the folks you work with) you are and will always be a guest on assignment.

Advice to Management

Spend more time understanding waht you contract staff are doing and are being asked to do.

Other Employee Reviews for Jamison Professional Services

"Budget Analyst"

Current Contractor - Budget Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Contractor - Budget Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Jamison Professional Services as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefit program is one of the best I have ever had. I did not have to pay for my insurance. The company pays for the insurance and I have medical, dental and vision, life insurance and my co-pay is under $30 bucks!!!

Cons

Not working for the company is a con but the fact that I am a contractor is a con. I understand that in order for me to get this federal job, I had to work as a contractor to do so. But overall it is a great opportunity.

"Quitiing was best thing I've done in a while"

Former Employee - Contractor in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Contractor in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Jamison Professional Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You never see or talk to anyone from the company. Your real boss is the boss on-site and Jamison has little idea what you do.

Cons

Where do I start? They have no contact with you except at beginning. They constantly remind you that you are an "at-will employee," i.e., they can fire you at any time without cause. They use this fear tactic to bully you into not ever questioning them on their vague policies. They will treat you as an economic means to an end only. There are no raises, not even cost of living, or when the contract is renewed (at a higher rate, which they keep). I feel like I escaped.

Advice to Management

Manage your employees. That doesn't mean browbeat them. Treat them with respect