KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great team and great growth opportunities

Feb 18, 2021 - Software Engineer in Boulder, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

* I have great colleagues. Everyone is kind, cares about contributing to a good workplace environment, and values clear and empathetic communication. * I've had a lot of opportunities to develop the skills I care about and management has been great about prioritizing and giving me direction on growth. * We have super solid processes in place. Debtsy is an exceptionally well-run company and we're continually improving. This not only makes the work more enjoyable, but is also a great source of learning how to operate well, regardless of one's role. * We have a culture that values taking time off, including spontaneously for mental wellbeing or surprise circumstances.

Cons

* We're still a small startup and we deal w/ a fair amount of uncertainty. That's not necessarily a con but may be for some.

1 person found this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Positive Community, Great Work/Life Balance

Nov 15, 2021 - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Massive emphasis on learning and documentation. No question is too mundane to ask, no process exempt from questioning and/or improvement. - Great sense of community in the NYC office, and major focus on hiring employees that align on our cultural values of communication and collaboration. - Managers recognize asymmetric risks and learning opportunities. Junior and mid-level engineers are encouraged to incorporate self-education into their project deliverables. - Pay and stock options are near the top of market, unlimited PTO, thoughtful and considerate management/senior leadership. - Great liquidity and cash flow, company is not going under any time soon. Transparent financials, and All-Hands meetings are actually useful! - Virtually no gossip, politics, clique-ness and overall markers of poor culture/community.

Cons

- As with many Series A startups, underdeveloped systems architecture and IT Operations. - There is a lack of under-represented minorities in the engineering team, some systemic changes are required but as someone who is not a member of these ethnic groups, I'm not sure what it is.

5 people found this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee

Gaslighting 101

May 25, 2022 - Customer Service Representative Senior Associate/Office Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Recently funded in a booming industry. January (like a lot of early stage startups) is good at finding genuinely well meaning people. The CEO is great and genuinely wants his employees to be happy. The same can not be said about the rest of upper management.

Cons

It's an early stage startup. They will have you doing two or three jobs at once. They will ask for your input and feedback quite often but almost never use to fix anything. They will advocate for a culture of transparency but will not give you that in return. They will burn you out and then seek to replace you with two or three new positions as a way of growth.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about January.