Jared Galleria of Jewelry - Stressful environment, lots of games. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Jared Galleria of Jewelry

"Stressful environment, lots of games."

Former Employee - Sales Associate
Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Jared Galleria of Jewelry part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay wasn't horrible for a college student, the sales experience is great for my résumé, and the training was extensive so I felt very knowledgeable about the product.

Cons

I worked at two different locations in different states and experienced a lot of hostility at both locations. Sales were stolen from me with little or no manager intervention.
Everyone gossiped about one another.
Certain mean acts (coming into work with staples taped to my locker, being promised hours then avoiding my calls, etc.) ultimately aided in my decision to leave.

Advice to Management

I highly suggest having meetings with the associates to review the performance of the GMs and AGMs.

Other Employee Reviews for Jared Galleria of Jewelry

"Rewarding and loved the staff, but the pay wasn't that great."

Former Employee - Jewelry Repair Liaison in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Jewelry Repair Liaison in Orlando, FL

I worked at Jared Galleria of Jewelry full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really loved working with the people I did, it was always a very positive environment and they put an emphasis on teamwork!

Cons

The hours of course aren't that great being retail, but that's to be expected. The repair liaison position is a very rewarding one, however the pay isn't exceptional. You have almost no opportunity to make commission because the sales people get first dibs at sales, so you pretty much have to rely on what your hourly is going to be.

"Retail Hell with A No Show GM who relies on Staff"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Watchung, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Watchung, NJ

I have been working at Jared Galleria of Jewelry full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Discount, co-workers. If you like gossip, favoritism, acting like you're in high school and working for a know-it-all wanna be, immature General Manager, who is all talk and no action and extremely insecure and unprofessional, this is the challenging environment for you!!!!

Cons

Retaliation, Favoritism, gossip, extremely low morale. All responsibilities fall under a department manager. General Manager puts in very little time and work. When actually there she is on the cell phone providing counseling and guidance to her friends or stuffing her facee with food (very attractive and professional NOT). The AGM is overwhelmed and in his own world. All the work and responsibilities fall to one manager ...any success and goals met is due to her perseverance and the staff is dedicated to her.

Advice to Management

To the DM: pay more attention to what your GMs are actually doing. Don't be fooled by their "sales pitch". Check-in with the department managers without fear of retailiation. The GM who doesn't put in the time but the store still succeeds, just imagine how much more effective and money the store would make with an actual leader who is not focused on acting like a character from "Mean Girl" and dresses like a street-walker and has double standards. Incorporate a no-cell phone policy in the store where it is locked up in a locker - especially for the GM and AGM