Jason's Deli - Hard work/life balance but fun place to work at | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Jason's Deli

"Hard work/life balance but fun place to work at"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager (2A) in Norman, OK
Former Employee - Assistant Manager (2A) in Norman, OK

I worked at Jason's Deli full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You learn the restaurant industry very well and work in a fast paced environment. Its been a few years since I left but looking back on it I can also appreciate the healthier food choices that I helped made available as well. If you find yourself in a corporate location, the training and promotion process is very structured and can be very rewarding. If you work at a franchise location, all that will depend on the quality of ownership and management. This was my favorite job for sure though!

Cons

Hours of operation for the deli were 10am-10pm, however as management you can expect to be there at 6am and closing may last till 11pm or even midnight depending on the crew and how well you lead. That said, keeping a balance between work life and life life can be difficult. Health insurance and other benefits can vary from franchise to franchise so don't expect the big coporate choices that come with larger companies. You are on your feet a lot and will deal with all the usual restaurant challanges (food safety, employee hiring and turn over, etc...)

Advice to Management

Please be aware of your employee's satisfaction with schedules! This is why I left, I had two little children and the days off were spuratic and inconsistant. I know GMs have 'earned' the right to the cushier schedules however the assistants would like a little pampering here and there as well.

Other Employee Reviews for Jason's Deli

1. "Jason's Deli Review"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Jason's Deli part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility is probably the best thing about the company.

Cons

Long hours are the drawback I most commonly hear about.

2. "A good place to work."

Former Employee - Catering in Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - Catering in Broomfield, CO

I worked at Jason's Deli part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Managers are well trained and cohesive. Catering delivery drivers make great tips. Duties fair amongst employees on shift. Great food that I never got tired of.

Cons

When you carefully and efficiently deliver a $600+ catering order and the ordering company fails to leave a tip...

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.