Jennison Associates - Benefits are great, free drinks are cool, but horrible everything else | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Jennison Associates

"Benefits are great, free drinks are cool, but horrible everything else"

Former Employee - Didnt Realize How Bad Until I Left!
Former Employee - Didnt Realize How Bad Until I Left!

Pros

benefits, free drinks, holiday party, can usually leave by 6-6:30pm, not much else

Cons

no career growth
stupid people promoted if favorites
investment professionals higher class citizens
who you know more important than what you know/if youre good at your job
lots of turnover

Advice to Management

career growth is key. dont take away from benefits or free drinks. only thing you have going once someone is mid-career. give people opportunities to interact with management more, and not just favorites.

Other Employee Reviews for Jennison Associates

1. "Great benefits- but work somewhere else"

Current Employee - Great Benefits- But Work Somewhere Else
    Current Employee - Great Benefits- But Work Somewhere Else

Pros

great benefits
    free drinks
    a lot of people have been there along time
    good holiday party
    nice office

Cons

no career advancement; people have been there for so long, you get stuck because your manager hasn't left
    pay must be good at the top (why else would people stay), but not good on bottom/once you're stuck
    management doesn't know what they are doing- the more they meet with hr, the worse they seem
    a lot of turnover in certain groups

Advice to Management

find ways to reward people-- more responsibility/more money/money something
    be wary of how managers treat other employees. they don't know what they are doing and hr doesn't seem to help

"Best Decision of my Career"

I have been working at Jennison Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When I started to look for a new opportunity a few years back I wrote down the following list of words to best describe what I was looking for in my next employer: leadership, independence, development, opportunity to learn and grow, feedback, support and balance.

In my time here at Jennison I have come back to this list from time to time and it still holds true.

I feel compelled to write about my experience at Jennison because reviews like below gave me cause for concern when I was considering an offer from Jennison. The reviews greatly conflicted with my personal experience during the interview process and now as an employee I do see both sides, but could not disagree more with the negative sentiments expressed below. I have the best manager that I have ever had and I am so thrilled to be part of my team and an employee of Jennison.

I think that we are going through some needed changes and for some people that it scary and others it’s exciting. We have a new CEO that is very bright, thoughtful and is a true leader – he just needs some time.

Cons

In my mind there are some other changes that I would like to see happen, but instead of just complaining about it to colleagues and online I am opting to be more proactive by expressing my concerns in conjunction with suggested solutions to management that can take action and/or explain another side to me that I may not have considered.

It’s my hope in writing this that it will prompt those who are complaining below to be more productive and do the same OR to find another employer to complain about. Your negativity is exhausting for all of us that are happy and proud to be here.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to address problems with employees who are not performing or who are dragging morale down.