Jenny Craig - I worked at several JCs. All were pleasant. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Jenny Craig

"I worked at several JCs. All were pleasant."

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant
Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant

Pros

helping others, relaxed atmosphere, nice clients, flexible schedule, you take care of yourself while you are advising others how to lose weight and keep it off

Cons

work evenings, work weekends, split shifts, a lot of telephone calls to get clients to either come in or come back

Advice to Management

I think the corporate Jenny is too rigid on its consultants, not enough flexibility in how a consultant guides her clients through the weight loss profits.

Other Employee Reviews for Jenny Craig

"The worst manager to work with;makes employees victim of her personal life and behaviour"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Pros

Discount on food and helping people

Cons

The worst management and only if your a inhuman then only one can survive

Advice to Management

Hr needs to pay heed to ongoing loss of good employees and rotten managers need to be disregarded than losing 10good employees to one cruel manager

"Unless you're a centre director, dont bother!!!!!!!!"

Current Employee - Consultant, Program Director, Centre Director
    Current Employee - Consultant, Program Director, Centre Director

Pros

Great clients, flexibility, maternity benefits, discounts, great training. Comprehensive training that I was able to apply to my new job and be very effective. Nice, formal and fun trainings are definitely a plus. The food is delicious and you get Half off!

Cons

Un realistic goals. Figure that your centre has to grow a minimum of 5% every month! In January we had to achieve a 50% increase year over year! RIDICULOUS! Centre directors have what i think is the easiest and best paying of all jobs. Consultants, too, granted their clients are coming in and buying food. Its the poor Program directors who have the most UNDESIRABLE and toughest jobs. Honestly, I worked for the company for 8 years and I am so glad to be out. It used to be good, but the pressure is unbelievable. When people come in to find out information, they have to sign up. And of course for the most expensive program. Now who wouldn't want to try it for $20 instead of committing to a program for a year at $500 plus food costs of $120 a week???? If they dont buy- big trouble for you! If they do, then you get a little commission and then the consultant who sees them makes money from them every week - NOT YOU! They will fire you or threaten to at least, no matter how long you have been there. Like some newbie they replace you with will do any better!!! But they do, and that's why turnover is so high. Very high pressure sales, expensive memberships, pay cuts. Pay cuts, I am referring to commission rates that dropped and bonuses that got but over the years.

Advice to Management

This company has the most unrealistic goal setting agenda of any place i have ever worked. They don't seem to value tenured employees. Stop increasing the cost of memberships and food!