Jenny Craig - Great program...bad place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Jenny Craig

"Great program...bad place to work"

Former Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Helping clients lose weight and reaching their goals

Cons

Its too bad Jenny Craig doesn't treat their employees nearly as good as they treat their clients. You will work long hours, get paid minimal (minimum wage or maybe a few cents more oh and when you get a review be prepared to receive maybe 20 cents more an hour), be expected to make call after call to get back old clients since Marketing does nothing to bring in more business, get be rated and bullied by your Market Director oh and he/she will make sure to talk behind your back or spread rumors to other employees...hello are we in High School now? LOL I could keep going but I think you get the idea.

Advice to Management

First get some marketing! Come on don't you think its about time to actually advertise like other weight loss companies? If you want your business to sustain another 30 years treat your employees with respect and pay them what they are worth, you just might become more successful. Something else is get with the times! The technology used is ancient and no email in centers or apps for smart phones? Come on Nestle and Dana stop browbeating your employees and actually listen to them, but wait employees wont always be forthcoming when their MD is a bully.

Other Employee Reviews for Jenny Craig

"Jenny Craig works as a weight loss program but struggles as a work environment"

Current Employee - Program Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Program Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I like helping clients make healthier choices? Our food is the best, and that's why the prices are higher. Our field employees work really hard for not very competitive compensation. And clients do lose weight on jc if they stick with it.

Cons

We can't beat our competitors. We have a horrible website. Check out ww, it has two apps and a great new site. Our food is 66% more than nutrisystem. Our staff is underpaid at all levels in the field and there are staffing issues because team members throw up their hands and find something else.

Advice to Management

Jenny needs to get with the times. Centers look like the 80's. There is no app. Make the programs more affordable for clients. Pay people what they are worth and quality applicants will apply.

2. "Hard work gets rewarded"

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Columbia, MO
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Columbia, MO

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

People, Owner are amazing! Training is great! Ability to control your own pay check and help change lives, what more could a person want!

Cons

Retail hours and phone time.

Advice to Management

Remember why your doing your job. Clients come first.