Jet Aviation - I like my job. | Glassdoor

"I like my job."

Current Employee - Avionics Speciaist in Cahokia, IL
Current Employee - Avionics Speciaist in Cahokia, IL

Pros

Great benefits easy employees like a family.

Cons

Work is li g a. Tedious.

Advice to Management

Keep trying and you will succeed.

Other Employee Reviews for Jet Aviation

1. "MID COAST AVIATION. Poor employee relations?"

Current Employee - Maintenance Department 12 in Cahokia, IL
    Current Employee - Maintenance Department 12 in Cahokia, IL

Pros

The Benefits, Location, Insurance, Experience and Diversity.

Cons

The previous review posted hit the nail right on the head!
    The Good old Boy system is in full swing at this facility and needs to be addressed by upper management. This could be one of the better places to work in the Mid West. I have seen alot of well qualified and respectable employees either leave the company or were terminated under questionable terms.
    This company has so much potential and a majority of the employees are hoping for good things to come from General Dynamics.

Advice to Management

Upper management to take notice and firm action against unprofessional behavior and favoritism implemented by some of the supervisors.

The employees are eager to meet with a representative from General Dynamics and to hear what their future intentions are for Mid Coast Aviation.

2. "Midcoast Aviation review"

Current Employee - Aviation Cabinetmaker
    Current Employee - Aviation Cabinetmaker

Pros

Midcoast has a solid healthcare package for their employees at a great weekly rate.

Cons

Management has Poor person to person management skills along with poor communication skills to not only their peers but also their employees. Continuing opportunities throughout the cabinet and finish shop communication. Outsource contracting is becoming overagressive problem-being as we have to comtinue to fix their mistakes making the job drawn out longer each time setting back plane delivery dates. Pay is not compettitive with the rest of the industry especially with the growing market prices and St. Louis cost of living.Good-ole boy system of management in effect. If your not with the "in" group of people or just not liked you will be set up for failure at everything you do rather rated or graded on your actual skill at your job or punctuality towards attendance and meticulous work ethic.Management refuses to change old ways to new standards and fights each new implemented change.

Advice to Management

Hopefully now that General Dynamics has taken over we will see some improvement in the above areas mentioned I only wish that they look hard into some of the senior management and individual shop supervisors to make the right decisions to see if they are really qualified to be in the positions they hold . Also to make sure the people we are promoting are actually qualified for the job they are being promoted to and not just a friend or buddy of another manager.