JetBlue - Lets keep a union out of jetBlue! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for JetBlue

"Lets keep a union out of jetBlue!"

Current Employee - Pilot
Current Employee - Pilot

Pros

Better than average work environment. The people are for the most part very good to work with and everyone - for the most part - seems to be trying to work towards the same goal. It is a very tough time in the airline industry, but we need to be compensated fairly - and our current medical benefits are well below standard. Out pay is getting better, but still lags our competition. There needs to be some substantial, meaningful changes in this area or I am afraid that a union will be voted onto the property. Please don't let that happen -

Cons

Lower pay and benefits than other airlines

Advice to Management

Lead!

Other Employee Reviews for JetBlue

1. "JetBlue: It may not make you rich, but it's the place to be for an ever-changing environment and great benefits!"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

Pros

JetBlue does a great job of caring for crewmembers. It's an airline, so don't expect to be paid salaries like AIG executives, but they do their best to compensate their employees. JetBlue also has some pretty great benefits, including flight benefits, that often times are better than other airlines. You really do get the feeling like you matter at JetBlue.

Cons

It's an airline. Pay is always going to be an issue. When the largest 3 costs to an airline are Fuel, Aircraft and Labor, guess what gets scrutinized when times get tough? You can't do much about fuel or aircraft . . . But relative to other carriers, JetBlue does pretty well at balancing.

Advice to Management

Make sure to maintain the delicate balance between brand and cost. Warren Buffet always talks about companies making the terrible mistake of losing their brand by making brash short-term decisions to make it through the immediate tough times. Don't forget long-term strategy and what got us to where we are now. Customers will understand fees and changes to a point, but be careful to not let the pendulum swing too far.

2. "Employees DOOMED!"

Current Employee - I. . . .
    Current Employee - I. . . .

Pros

If you like free flights then you are good to go.

Cons

Everything happens at the upper level - forgetting about the lower employees that are the company's spine. Pretty much look at it this way, if you want to advance then move out to another company. It was once a wonderful place to work but because of so many changes the company is doomed.

Advice to Management

Stop wasting so much money hiring new VP's and Directors and creating new positions that are relevant to what they are supposed to be and to the job. Focus on your own people once again and treat them and they deserved to be treated. No wonder many wonderful people left the company. Bring it back to where it was fun to work there and it will bring back the airline we once knew.