JetBlue - my take | Glassdoor

"my take"

Current Employee - Airport Ops in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Airport Ops in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The opprotunity for flight benefits. makes for a better second job and part time if you can find it..

Cons

you clean your own aircraft, you can end up with multiple jobs and only 1 pay check. you clean, cashier, take inventory/do stock. The polotics can get in the way of the job

Advice to Management

re- evaluate your front lines and the compensation your providing them. When those stormy seasons come around and flights are getting canceled left and right and your employees are literally being spat on! you may want to pay them a bit more to deal with such B.S

Other Employee Reviews for JetBlue

1. "Great culture, industry can have many ups/downs, JBLU has a bright future"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Great corporate culture, interesting work in an evolving industry!

Cons

Airline industry is not for the faint of heart

Advice to Management

Keep leading strongly. This is a phenomenal company with a chance to become a very successful airline.

"Jetblue, even though they have their mistakes and issues, still prevails over every other domestic airline in the US."

Former Employee - Inflight Crew member in Forest Hills, NY
    Former Employee - Inflight Crew member in Forest Hills, NY

Pros

Jetblue is very selective in their hiring process. Therefore I think that you tend to work with some of the greatest people from around the country. Jetblue also has the most travel agreements with other airlines, so you are able to travel for free or for a small fee to practically anywhere in the world. Jetblue is all about employee recognition and incentive. They are always doing contests and giving you free promotional items when we advertise for a new a sponsor or client. Jetblue has a great friendly attitude towards their employees as well as their customers. I really believe that the majority of the company goes above and beyond for everyone. Coworkers, and customers alike. I have had also had some of the most amazing supervisors there, but if you ever get hurt, I have heard terrible stories of the company not really supporting you the way you should be.

Cons

There really needs to be more consistency with the operations side of Jetbllue, Planes are late a lot, or we are missing things in provisioning. The absolute worst part about it all is the Crew scheduling and crew recovery group. I have been on several flights when the company was short of staff due to FAA work regulation laws. There most likely was storm a week prior and or several days before and it takes the company a long time to return to running at regular operation speed. We have had to cancel full flights because scheduling had no idea what was going on. We have been left stranded at the airport because they could not find the crewmembers a hotel during an irregular operations period. The company also tries to cut your legal limit rest time during an irregular operation period even though you are not working and have no hotel they consider you to be on your rest period. I twice worked a 12 hour day during an irop and they canceled a full flight due to staffing mistakes with a F. O. we waited for 2 1/2 hours for a hotel and only ended up getting 5 hours rest when minimum limit is 8. The company who is already losing money then gave free roundtrip tickets to every passenger, and paid for every hotel, and cab ride and food expense. How can a company survive when they make little errors like this that affect so many people. I worked with a crewmember that was on a 52 hour layover because crewrecovery had no idea that he was there.

Advice to Management

Consistency, consistency, consistency. If you are going to start a new promotion or work ethic. The company needs complete follow through and that includes all departments of the company. The area of the Jetblue that needs the most improvement is by far crew services and general operations. Perhaps the management should look into higher quality customer service training at crewservices. There is a lot of turn over there and I am sure there are plenty of reasons for this.