JetBlue - Overall a great company to work for, no one is perfect. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for JetBlue

"Overall a great company to work for, no one is perfect."

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Orlando, FL

Pros

The benefits are great. Management leaves you alone as long as you do what you are supposed to and fly under the radar. It's a very flexible job as you can move your schedule around. They provide us with dinners during holidays. The pay is much better than the legacy carrier pay, at least starting out for the Flight Attendants. Anything flown over 70 hours a month is considered over time and it's paid at a time and a half rate.

Cons

Reserve is very difficult and it's hard to break the 75 hour guarantee. You really have to be prepared if you are going to change a career.

Advice to Management

Reserves need to be treated better. A lot of the crew members don't even know what reserve is as most of them were on reserve for only 1-4 months. Now the new people are paying price for it. Maybe one month reserve one month line holders, or if we pick trips up on our days off don't count it towards our guarantee because we are working on our days off. The fuel is no longer $150.00 a barrel, so there is no excuse why reserves can't be paid more. Remember we are human beings with financial responsibilities, lets work on improving the reserves quality of life.
Also, in order to stay competitive in a market we have to start growing again.

Other Employee Reviews for JetBlue

"Not what it use to be.."

Current Employee - Pilot in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Pilot in New York, NY

Pros

Can't claim any. because they are usually taken away on a weekly basis

Cons

Typical Airline management, enough said. Company stock purchase plan reduced to nothing. Stock options no longer offered to new hires. Significant reduction in pay if you use your sick time. A daily reduction in over-all work environment and quality of life.

Advice to Management

Treat your people how you promised in the beginning, or we are doomed to be just like every one else. What ever happened to take care of your people and they take care of the customer..

"JetBlue Becomes A Victim Of It's Success"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

Although not always successful people at JetBlue try to do the right thing. Enpowerment was a big thing during the early days of the airline, although it isn't as prevalent as it used to be.

Cons

JetBlue was started by people who were willing to take a risk. Over time the Risk Takers have either been driven out or pigeoned hole and made to change over time. In their place has risen the Care Takers. People who require conformity and scorn enpowerment.

Advice to Management

The best advertisement is "word of mouth" advertising. The growth of the Marketing Department indicates that we are looking for "cutzie" gimmicks instead of sticking to the best advertisement; a satisfied customer.