JetBlue - This was a great company to work for! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for JetBlue

"This was a great company to work for!"

Former Employee - Airport Operations Lead in Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Airport Operations Lead in Tampa, FL

I worked at JetBlue full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has strong values and tries to uphold them. The benefits are good and the pay is pretty decent especially when a degree is not required.

Cons

It can be a stressful job as you are dealing with the public. Management most of the time will back the customer even when they shouldn't. It can be tough to move up. It seems it's more about who you know instead of what you know.

Advice to Management

Appreciate the talent that you already have on board. Stop looking outside and focus on the great employees you already have. Groom the employees that have potential.

Other Employee Reviews for JetBlue

"Job of a lifetime."

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Long Island City, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Long Island City, NY

I worked at JetBlue full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you have an opportunity to be part of the JetBlue team, do not pass it up. Though I still have many years left in my career, I am certain that I am going to continue to look back at JetBlue as one of the best places, if not the best place, I ever worked.

Overall there are not many places where else can you learn a lot and enjoy doing it every day, in a fun, innovative, collaborative environment – and at least to me, that is worth a lot (plus if you like traveling, free flights is icing on the cake!).

Cons

As some people mentioned in their reviews, their pay is not as competitive as you may find in other industries, and advancement can be challenging (but I do believe they are working on development plans to address that and they do value promoting from within, which is great).

"Image Better Than Reality"

Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at JetBlue full-time

Pros

Good Coworkers. Travel Benefits. Caring. Well-known.

Cons

Political, Hierarchical, Leaders kiss up. New Leaders have fancy backgrounds but terrible management skills and make poor decisions.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to change Leaders, even when you hired them. You can't be taught to stop taking the work of others. Let them go.