JetBlue - Am I going to get called out even though I did not give my name in this survey? | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for JetBlue

"Am I going to get called out even though I did not give my name in this survey?"

Current Employee - Airport Operations in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Airport Operations in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

I have a great scheudle now and I travel at least a few times a month. I am an people person. I love the interaction that I have with my customers especailly the regular ones. I love meeting customer from places that I have visited, it makes the job even more fun. I have even made a few friends with some of my customers.

Cons

Mechanical cancellations and honestly this swaping shift thing. Someone worked a 24 hour period hour shift and they only got paid straight time becasue they picked up shifts for some people. That is just plain wrong. I do understand rules behind it, but there should be some exceptions. This person picks up overtime and other people'sshifts often, but never 24 hours. The people in local leadership here smiled in that crewmember's face and said wow what a great job, but when that person got their paycheck, it said just the opposite.

Advice to Management

They already know. It is sad that you have to come to a survey like this when you can not get you own issues resolved with management. I was told to go to my values group to get the crewmember's issue resolved and they took a month to respond to my email. I was so upset, I did not even want to respond back to it.

Other Employee Reviews for JetBlue

1. "Truly mixed feelings"

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent and Their Was No Feedback Except Negative When and If IT Ever Happened in Boston, MA

Pros

The Benefits! The salary is relatvely better then the rest of the industry.

Cons

Unexperience management. The head training liason didnt' even know how to work any of the Microsoft programms. How are you suppose to lead and train ifyou can't make a document.

Advice to Management

How about we be on the same page. Don't say one thing to your employees and then a few months down the road say another thing. You lose major intergrity and resepect from your employees when you don't tell the truth .. Six months or a year!?

"Love company culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Forest Hills, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Forest Hills, NY

Pros

Company culture is great. The Crewmembers here are very honest, understanding, and easy to work with. Company has a lot of entrepreneurial spirit.

Cons

JetBlue is a small airline mentality that is slowly shifting towards big airline mentality. This process takes time and some managers & directors do not see the reasons why decisions are made a certain way. Some are quick to jump to conclusions and think negatively without finding out the full picture.

There is no feedback system in place to suggest improvement points for management. Performance appraisals are only performed downward (managers to staff) and not upward (staff to managers).

Advice to Management

Better communicate with Crewmembers internally prior to releasing information to the public.