JetBlue - IT Morale is Very Low | Glassdoor

"IT Morale is Very Low"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

It used to be a great place to work. There are still some great coworkers left. The travel benefits are great.

Cons

The current IT leadership has systematically dismantled all the skill and innovation in IT that made JetBlue great. There is a clear resentment from senior IT leadership, that have little industry background themselves, toward existing crewmembers that are experienced. This has resulted in the hiring of inexperienced new managers that are favored not for their skills, but for their inability to challange any thing. Kind of like the blind leading the blind, while JetBlue suffers from all the ill conceived decisions that are no longer challanged.

Advice to Management

Promote IT leadership from within, or based on industry experience. Enough damage has already been done to IT, but it is not too late to fix it. We want to once again be proud of working at JetBlue.

Other Employee Reviews for JetBlue

"NOT a good place to work"

Former Employee - Supervisor in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Supervisor in New York, NY

Pros

the people that reported to me always treated me with the respect that I deserved, and supporte my decisions as long as I explained to them why I made the decision.

Cons

Upper level management was clueless. They have to respect for hourly crewmembers or salaried supervisors, it's their way or the highway.

Advice to Management

fire the entire crew services leadership team and start again. they have no idea what they are doing and are hardly ever there anyway

"Great Airline to fly, not to work in corporate"

Current Employee - Corporate in Forest Hills, NY
    Current Employee - Corporate in Forest Hills, NY

Pros

Great with time off
    Classes in MS Office, career development available
    Great flying benefits
    Good travel discounts
    Parking or local transportation is paid for by the company

Cons

The airline has dramatically changed since the departure of our former CEO.
    The management claims to support you but they do not. Promises are made that are never followed through with.
    The company only recognizes three holidays, Christmas, New Years and Thanksgiving. You will have to take time off from your bank for the others.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting friends and playing favoritism. See past people's schemes and look to see who is really working. Promote the people who work hard, not the people that are your best friend.