Jewel-Osco - Policies keep changing, worse everytime. SUPERVALU SUCKS. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Jewel-Osco

"Policies keep changing, worse everytime. SUPERVALU SUCKS."

Current Employee - Part Time Service Clerk
Current Employee - Part Time Service Clerk

I have been working at Jewel-Osco part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

get to meet some co-workers, some customers are nice especially at night time.

Cons

Half of paycheck going to union that doesn't do anything. It's like this for months, then it's like 8 dollars, but still, when they give you the bare minimum of 12 hours a week, you have to pay even more to the union. Cranky old people that get mad if you bag more than 2 things in one bag.

Other Employee Reviews for Jewel-Osco

1. "If you have the option, go elsewhere"

Current Employee - Bakery Clerk in Bourbonnais, IL
    Current Employee - Bakery Clerk in Bourbonnais, IL

I have been working at Jewel-Osco part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Job security, if you show up and actually put in a valid effort and respect their common sense rules, you never have to worry about being fired.

Cons

I have been with this company for five years (started in high school) and the higher (corporate) management is apparently scatterbrained. I feel so bad for my manager because she is always stressed out trying to fulfill upper management's seemingly random and flat-out unrealistic expectations (they cut payroll, include more labor intensive products for us to make and want sales to increase).

From what I can see it appears corporate chooses a new thing every week to focus on and they are never satisfied. The want one thing done to the Nth degree one week forcing us to neglect other aspects of the shop...they seemingly have no concept of regularity.

Advice to Management

Get your stuff together. Some of the instructions being given down to us just totally defy common sense (like forcing us to put sale products out of view from main walkways). Have long term goals for us to work on, not these short term impulse goals that put unnecessary strain on us.

2. "Internship experience"

Former Intern - Business Internship in Itasca, IL
    Former Intern - Business Internship in Itasca, IL

I worked at Jewel-Osco as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Paid opportunity for the summer.

Cons

Unorganized program and left one unfulfilled. Glorified manual labor for 10$ an hour.

Advice to Management

Call the internship as it is- This is not a business internship, it is a management training program for college students.