Jive Software - Jive is an incredible place to work. Amazingly talented people and a clear vision to change the way business is done. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Jive Software

"Jive is an incredible place to work. Amazingly talented people and a clear vision to change the way business is done."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Jive Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's all about the people at Jive. Incredibly smart individuals working together as a team to collaborate and get work done!

The Software! I can't imagine working for a company that doesn't use Jive. The software is transformative for an enterprise.

Cons

There really isn't a downside to working here. You learn so much every day and are constantly challenging yourself to achieve more.

Other Employee Reviews for Jive Software

"Great product, great culture, great people committed to making a difference while having fun."

Current Employee - Technical Support Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Technical Support Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Jive Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I honestly enjoy coming to work every day. The product is something we're immersed in and all believe in. The culture of open-mindedness and collaboration makes it easy to have fun and be myself while being highly productive. The company is growing quickly, presenting lots of opportunities. Also, the execs have a clear and powerful vision.

Cons

Sometimes I find myself working longer hours than I'd like; not that I'm coerced to do so. Also, the company is growing quickly, raising the risk of undesirable culture change.

Advice to Management

When we buy companies, we usually do well at adapting them to our culture, but not as well at guiding them into consistent development, product management, test, and release processes. Otherwise keep doing what you're doing... you rock!

"Working at Jive has been the best experience of my professional career."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Portland, OR

I have been working at Jive Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are many reasons why Jive is a great place to work, but I'll try to limit them to three. First and foremost are the people. Jive management has made a concerted effort to maintain a vibrant culture and it shows. Each employee is hired not solely based on their ability to do their job, but also on their ability to integrate into the culture of openness and collaboration. This makes it a pleasure to go into work and energizes you to solve challenging problems.
    Second is the career opportunities. Jive is a proponent of 1on1 meetings with employees and their managers to discuss current and future career goals. Managers at Jive take your goals to heart and try to provide you with opportunities to reach them. In some instances if you have the skills, but the role has not been created Jive will create that role for you. Instead of your career being limited by a company you are limited by your own career goals.
    Third is the work environment and facilities. Jive has spent considerable effort in crafting a work environment that is up to date and works with company culture. Besides providing the usual snacks and beer Jive has updated facilities based on demands from employees such as equipment for ergonomic workstations and the latest technological hardware. Not only is Jive a cool place to work, but also a cool place to relax after work.

Cons

A downside of working at Jive is that there can be a blur in the work/life balance. Due to the fact that it is such a great environment with interesting people you often find yourself discussing work projects outside of work or after hours. Also, given the flexible work hours and opportunities to work from home one can find themselves constantly thinking about work.