JoS. A. Bank - Good place to work | Glassdoor

"Good place to work"

Former Employee - Tailor in East Lansing, MI
Former Employee - Tailor in East Lansing, MI

Pros

Pay is not bad, nice environment.

Cons

like in everywere in retail working weekends

Advice to Management

Keep up good work

Other Employee Reviews for JoS. A. Bank

"Management needs to be revamped"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Great people to work with it.
    Good chance to meet new people.
    Clients are funny and you have the chance to establish the client base
    Good benefits package
    Get to network well

Cons

Management treats all sales exec's like slaves. This stems from the assistant manager to area directors. My manager ALWAYS gets chewed out for something and in turn, he chews us all out. Whether it's about sales, tuxedo rentals, or phone calls. Tuxedo rentals are a joke. It takes you off the sales floor for a good 2 1/2 hours and after that they still expect you to perform. They hire outside managers instead of promoting within the company and it's frustrating for current employees looking to advance. And making phone calls? That is so unrealistic! I know my store has to make 934 calls to make for a big sale. Really? And they STILL expect you to perform out on the floor. Working here you have to be a maid, a sales person, a bridal consultant, a makeshift manager at times, and a weight lifter. I know a lot of things come from the territory because it's retail and we all know the trade. But here, I really just feel that we're taken advantage of at a LOW pay wage. I don't believe the world owes me a living, but for the amount I make, an apology would be nice.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Hire the people you need for the season. Be realistic about sales goals. Get rid of the tux rentals!

"if i knew what i know now i would not work here."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Clifton, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Clifton, NJ

Pros

You have poor medical ins.. Good co-workers, you have a job for some change in your pocket. That's it.

Cons

No one listens to you,(workers). Medical over $200.00 monthly. Income $260.00 wkly. No raises,get rid of DRAW,equal pay for job done.Hrly plus commission on everything you sell.In other words revamp the pay so you can afford the insurance, and live like normal people. The draw is impossible to reach almost all the time,and they lower your commission rate when you don't make it. If you work over time and make draw, your draw is raised.

Advice to Management

REVAMP your pay. NO DRAW,HOURLY PAY, PAID FOR EVERYTHING YOU SALE. It's done in Mens Wearhouse, Nordstrom,etc.