JoS. A. Bank - I've learned a lot, found I can do many things when I stay focused and willing to learn as well as take instructions. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for JoS. A. Bank

"I've learned a lot, found I can do many things when I stay focused and willing to learn as well as take instructions."

Current Employee - Keyholder in Fort Myers, FL
Current Employee - Keyholder in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The customers are very interesting. If you are really good with your customer service skills and know what management allows you to do for them, you can handle any issue and keep the customer happy!

Cons

Too much flipping of schedule. Company has little to NO incentives for employees. Good days are often forgotten the very next day if an Associate happens to have a low-sales day... Not good to keep an Associate geared up to do better.

Advice to Management

Needs to be open-minded to employee suggestions regarding better representation of store in order to satisfy customers FIRST and then Regional second. This statement is based on comments as well as personal interaction with customers. There is NOT enough team spirit to rally for a good day, no encouragement. Too many faxes stating how bad a store is doing (beat down)... IT'S NOT ALWAYS THE SALES ASSOCIATES CAUSING THE LOW SALES - THEY SHOULD FIND OUT FROM EACH STORE ON THAT DAY WHAT THE ISSUE MAY BE. This type of message relay doesn't make the Associates feel any better, especially when they are doing their best!!!!!

Other Employee Reviews for JoS. A. Bank

"Mixed bag. Good in many ways, but pay is low for responsibilities."

Current Employee - Store Manager in Tyler, TX
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Tyler, TX

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great discount on quality merchandise. It is rewarding to sell quality and value to customers.

Cons

Brutal hours and difficult to get quality employees because of low income available when working for commission in low volume store.

Advice to Management

Change pay structure for low column stores and forget extended hours in small markets.

2. "poor management, low moral, no training, upper management needs basic skills"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at JoS. A. Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Gaining Customers trust to be able to make a sale without feeling like I am pushing it on them. Assemble suits with shirts, ties, to show customers. Customers are so Delightful.
    with out them JOS Bank would not exsist!

Cons

Such a competitive field for some power hungry women. No training! management on phone all day while you train yourself. Management talking bad about customers and all other employees. Very short. Absolutely no getting along. never walked out on a job in thirty five years. Not worth a star!

Advice to Management

Take a look around! Hello!