JoS. A. Bank - Can be great if you work hard and have a good store. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for JoS. A. Bank

"Can be great if you work hard and have a good store."

Former Employee - Sales Associate
Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at JoS. A. Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Worked in 2 store in the same region (relocation). The first store was great. Kept by a female manager who managed to run the store and keep it staffed with college students. The store was probably running at an 8/10 on a cleanliness scale, with there being highs and lows at particular times of the years and sales. There was a little store tension, but that can easily be chalked up to being college kids being college kids in a competitive job. Overall I made about $10 an hour part time after commission ($7.50 base).

Make sure you are coming in to a clean, friendly store like this one. It will server you well to know how a customer is usually treated.

Cons

Worked in 2 store in the same region (relocation). The second store is absolutely terrible. Kept by an older, tenured, male manager who managed to run the store and keep it staffed with locals only. The store is running at about an 4/10 on a cleanliness scale; I am currently working with the RVP to better the store, but it is VERY hard to fix this store (The manager once said to me that the store associates 'Are not to clean on the weekends, that is selling time' - if we were in a store that had a cleaning associate or a shipper/receiver, I would somewhat understand). The store is very friendly between associates, but other associates have expressed an outright hatred of our clientele. Overall I made about $9.50 an hour full time after commission ($8.00 base).

Make sure you are coming in to a clean, friendly store. Had I know this store and it's values I would have started looking for a new career sooner.

Advice to Management

Don't let the wrong type of managers and associates hang around. This is a customer service business, not a car lot.

Other Employee Reviews for JoS. A. Bank

"Don't like the company polices."

Current Employee - Store Manager in Locust Grove, GA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Locust Grove, GA

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed receiving a pay check weekly

Cons

The regional manage micro manages all store managers

Advice to Management

no comment

"Stay away from this company."

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at JoS. A. Bank full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is nothing good to say about this company. If you want to be stepped on this is the place.

Cons

One year I was told 85 sport coats were missing. Now the only sportcoats that left the store was the ones I sent back to the company, 85 sport coats to be exact. My boss said that there is no way the sport coats I sent back were the missing sport coats. I was put under a loss prevention watch, which means I had to work longer hours could never take a day off and could loose my job if I had one more bad inventory. My next year end inventory I was over 85 sport coats. After a year of being treated like dirt I actually had no shortage the year before because you know that the company is claiming that shrink as loss. I know what you are thinking go to the head of loss prevention but that wont work he is best friends with the boss.

Advice to Management

Get a better system for inventory tracking and make stock drivers sign for what they pick up.