JoS. A. Bank - Very little return for a lot of work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for JoS. A. Bank

"Very little return for a lot of work."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good discount on all their clothes

Cons

Very difficult to make draw and commission when you are responsible for cleaning, stocking, calling customers everyweek, along with a very poor marketing format. It is no fun when your customers yell at out for call them at all hours. Management does not have any idea that times have changed and have no idea as to how to get NEW customers in the store.

Advice to Management

Instead of beating up the sales force - try to get new customers in the store - our current customers do come back BUT the product must be new and fresh - not the same old stuff.

Other Employee Reviews for JoS. A. Bank

"Knowing how dissatisfied I am with JAB, A friend suggested I review the company on Glassdoor."

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank full-time

Pros

I have met and become friends with several people through working JAB.

Cons

I have spent the better part of an hour reading reviews from the present to a year ago. It amazes me, there are so many JAB employees all over the country that feel the same way I do.It just proves the wrong people are running the company.. I was told, by another store manager from another store "that JAB was a great company to work for at one time. The person that told me this has worked for the company over 10 years. He is currently interviewing for another job. The sad I think the previous reviews on this site has said all there is to say about the bad running of the company.....the antiquated POS system, the tux softwear is beyond ridiculous. You call customer service about an issue with any of the system problems you get a customer service rep that is tired of hearing the same problem over and over again so they get short tempered with you. I have worked retail all my life. Some big box store and some smaller specialty stores.I have never worked for a company that treats their store managers as bad as JAB. Two conference calls a week. Both call are always about the same thing. How we are not doing enough to bring in business. We make phone call, we have special company days. MOST OF THE CUSTOMERS ALREADY HAVE 12 SUITS AND EVERY SWEATER AND POLO WE HAVE RECYCLED FOR THE LAST 5 YEARS.

Advice to Management

My advice is to the shareholders.. Change does not need to come from the bottom. Change needs to come from the top...Fire Neil Black hire a new CEO. Give all the VP's and RSD's leadership training. They need to know how to talk to people with out making them feel threatened. Most of them are on a power trip. They drive a company car, have they're gas paid for by the company, they're lunch paid for by the company. Meanwhile the average JAB employee makes minimum wage. The wage and commission structure need to be update due to the promotions and giving everything away. A salesperson has to sell 3 times as much to make any money in commission. If. you only offer minimum wage. You only get what you pay for. The company wants mature professional salespeople, but only wants to pay $7.25 hr. and 5% commission once they make they're unearns.

"OK but low pay for today."

Current Employee - Sales Support in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Support in Chicago, IL

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are not in sales the working schedule is good.

Cons

Low pay for current economic conditions.

Advice to Management

It is 2013, pay accordingly.