JoS. A. Bank - Joseph A Bank is a gem. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for JoS. A. Bank

"Joseph A Bank is a gem."

Current Employee - Regional Vice President in Hampstead, MD
Current Employee - Regional Vice President in Hampstead, MD

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Candidates are eager to work for a vibrant company with stores across the country and a catalog/internet division that can reach anyone with a phone or a computer.

Cons

The typical new hire takes about a year to realize that the chance of making a commission comes maybe twice a year if that. Unfortunately, it used to take them at little longer to figure this out, so we had hard- working hopefuls for at least two years before they became jaded.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing catalog/internet sales since we don't have to pay commissions on those transactions. It is brilliant to make stores take internet returns that cut into their bottom line. The more internet returns in the stores, the less chance of that store making any kind of bonus for the year. Keep up the good work!

Other Employee Reviews for JoS. A. Bank

1. "Probably the easiest/worst job I have ever had."

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank full-time

Pros

staff, discount, quality clothing, work hours, clientele, connections, networking, fashion, knowledge of product, sales, fitting techniques, growth, advancement, commission, ability to work around personal life.

Cons

They are more worried about the customer than they are their own employees. They still use fax machines to communicate. I have never seen any company that wastes so much paper.

2. "If you can work here every other job is a cakewalk."

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You learn how to work hard in a commissioned environment and learn a lot. There are some awesome repeat customers that make it all worth it and when you make commission it is a great paycheck. Awesome product that is fairly easy to sell to the right customers.

Cons

They make it incredibly hard to reach commission goals by all of the other tasks that are necessary to have the store run smoothly. Prices are constantly changing and customers tend to think that we are leading them on with the "car salesman" technique.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your entry level associates and managers. They make the money for you, the product does not simply sell itself.