JoS. A. Bank - Good | Glassdoor

"Good"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Charleston, SC
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Charleston, SC

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Hours and Pay, transition well into commission pay

Cons

Open on Sunday commissions terrible on some weeks

Advice to Management

keep on

Other Employee Reviews for JoS. A. Bank

1. "Department Manager Ha! You are really just a 3rd key!"

Former Employee - Department Manager in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Department Manager in Detroit, MI

I worked at JoS. A. Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Discount is 40%. Weekly paycheck. Maybe you will meet some nice co workers. It is usually located in area with decent food to pick for lunch. Easy computer programs. I think they are still in DOS.

Cons

Stop having so many sales! You are lowering the value of your product! If you want a large turn out for your sales have them less frequently! If one of your customers exchange a shirt for a different shirt. Your co worker will steal your sale! Horrible! You have to cold call customers all of the time

Advice to Management

Have an actual break room. You are forced to take your break at the manager's desk. Tell potential employees the truth you are on a draw. You will not earn any money until you meet your draw which is nearly impossible most days.

2. "Joseph A. Bank is a quality company."

Former Employee - Department Manager in Cypress, TX
    Former Employee - Department Manager in Cypress, TX

I worked at JoS. A. Bank part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My managers at Joseph A. Bank took the time to get to know me and listened to the goals and aspirations of each employee. Any person who had the drive, had an opportunity for growth in the company. I worked there for a short while with great success and already had offers to help open stores, was promoted quickly, and was a respected member of the team.

Cons

I worked at a factory outlet store to start and the pay was not based off of commission. This was nice because it promoted as less cut throat work atmosphere but I could have made much more money had the pay been commission based.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the aspirations of the employees. Keep your eyes open for people who dedicated people and do what you can to keep them for the long haul in a business that tends to have a relatively high turnover rate.