JoS. A. Bank - Sales Executive | Glassdoor

"Sales Executive"

Current Employee - Sales Executive
Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location, training, colleagues are a pleasure to work with.

Cons

Salary is extremely low especially given the constant sales promotions which negatively impact employee pay.

Other Employee Reviews for JoS. A. Bank

1. "Proof that good/bad management can make/break an employee's experience"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Atlanta, GA

I worked at JoS. A. Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Depending on who trains you, you can learn so much about the medium-upscale men's clothing industry. Work with a good tailor and you can find out how to give a guy a great fit. Work with a great tailor and you can make a guy feel like he's made the best choice in trusting you with his money. Work with a great manager and you can learn how to maximize a sale without shoving things at a client. Work with a great team and even the long holiday hours can seem to go by with only a nominal bit of depression.

Cons

The suggestions above say to consider discussing time-off policies, promotions, and company values... There are none. IF you can manage to stay with the company for a few years, you might get paid vacation. Otherwise, don't expect to be paid for time off. If you're willing to make roughly the same as a moderately motivated "sales executive", yet you really like your life too much and want to spend all day and good bits of your off days at work, then management may be for you. Just don't expect to be trained to do the job properly, as it seemed that only two of the six of the managers that I had really knew the product, much less the processes. As far as company values go, it's impossible to know if the values of your management team are decadent enough to repackage worn, soiled clothing so that it looks new.

Advice to Management

TRAIN YOUR EMPLOYEES. Change your styles more than once every few years. Consider that tailor dollars sometimes are less important than a proper fit and that sometimes a suit may only need hemming and sleeve adjustments. Put the quality back into the clothing if the costs are going to keep rising. Structure sales executive pay according to peer groups so that if it'd be unlikely for a specific store's employees to sell the same volume as a larger store, the employees aren't held to the same standards before experiencing a raise... it's not their faults that locations aren't better researched. STOP CHANGING THE SALES PROMOTIONS SO FREQUENTLY... and if you start spreading the word that certain promotions aren't going to return, BACK UP YOUR WORD!

2. "Learning Experience"

Former Employee - Department Manager in Murfreesboro, TN
    Former Employee - Department Manager in Murfreesboro, TN

I worked at JoS. A. Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people I worked with were very friendly, and I learned a lot about men's fashion. I appreciated that they advanced quickly, and gave autonomy where it was deserved.

Cons

The pay was not the best considering all the work that me and the other employees were doing. They told me they would give me a raise in salary and commission, but I never received the raise or backpay for the raise.