Joe's Crab Shack - Server | Glassdoor

"Server"

Former Employee - Server in Lawrenceville, NJ
Former Employee - Server in Lawrenceville, NJ

I worked at Joe's Crab Shack part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The money here is great, you don't make an actual salary but because it has a higher ppm you can make great tips. it is a very fun atmosphere, and while at times you'll feel a little foolish with the dancing, you'll make friends there at all ages and will have fun doing it together. I did not use the health insurance offered, but Joe's does offer benefits for its employees and meal plans which is great. My managers personally were great, and I feel like this is a common theme in this chain. The food here is fresh and the kitchen is clean, and this is a place I was proud to work for.

Cons

Can be difficult scheduling work, you do have to work a lot of hours and on weekends, and it can be a very stressful atmosphere when it's busy.

Other Employee Reviews for Joe's Crab Shack

1. "The dirtiest kitchen I've ever worked in."

Former Employee - Line Cook in Independence, MO
    Former Employee - Line Cook in Independence, MO

I worked at Joe's Crab Shack full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employees were all friendly and outgoing for the most part.

Cons

They are very disorganized,absolutely no team work,and no communication skills. They don't schedule their employees with an out time to where you can plan anything.

2. "Has it's ups but mostly downs"

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

I have been working at Joe's Crab Shack full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

High checks usually means better tips in a casual environment. I've made the majority of my friendships with my coworkers!

Cons

Management lacks incredibly. We have to prep so much in the morning (sometimes into the evening when we are busy) it's ridiculous! We work long hours and work hard only to be criticized. Customers complain daily about the food and how long it takes to come out. Needs food runners/expo day but won't pay to have them on.

Advice to Management

Get it together! Acknowledge the serving and host staff. What is the normal amount of prep a opener server should do? Hire an expo so food comes out correct and fast. So greedy. Only benefits are for managers.