John Deere - Horrible Work Environment | Glassdoor

"Horrible Work Environment"

Former Employee - Engineer in Waterloo, IA
Former Employee - Engineer in Waterloo, IA

I worked at John Deere full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Year End Bonus. Salary decent for area.

Cons

"Old Boys" network, no training for new employees, brutal performance evaluation scheme.

Worked at PEC. This place is an "Old Boys" network workplace where back stabbing is rewarded. New employees are thrown in to sink or swim. Management requires a fanatical devotion to the product at the expense of all else including family; although the official line is "Family First".

New employees recieve no relevant training. You are thrown into a brutal employee performance evaluation system where the number of "goals" exceeds what is impossible to obtain unless one devotes 24/7 to John Deere. This limits merit increases to save the company money, even though profits are at a record level.

Other Employee Reviews for John Deere

"The best job I ever had."

Former Employee - Assembly Technician in Grovetown, GA
    Former Employee - Assembly Technician in Grovetown, GA

I worked at John Deere full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Employees were encouraged to participate in opportunities to excel within the company. I took advantage of several different positions that I still apply to my life away from Deere.

Cons

Constant management change from Line Supervisor to Facility Manager. Each Manager/Supervisor had their own vision for a better work environment and production and focus from one leader to another changed too often. What was important to the previous Manager wasn't to the new one. It could get confusing and made me question certain situations.

Advice to Management

Create a common unwavering set of values and no matter who minds the store, keep Deere values and it's commitment to excellence the focus.

2. "Great company, good people"

Former Employee - Engineer in East Moline, IL
    Former Employee - Engineer in East Moline, IL

I worked at John Deere full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good career opportunities, plenty of opportunity if you really want to work hard. Most of the people are dedicated and care about what they do. Good pay and benefits.

Cons

Big company can seem overwhelming to someone who came from a small office. Lots of bureaucratic things to deal with, can be high pressure at times.

Advice to Management

Continue to look out for the average worker and look to upgrade some of the office areas.