John Deere - Overall a good place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for John Deere

"Overall a good place to work."

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Moline, IL
Current Employee - IT Analyst in Moline, IL

I have been working at John Deere full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Definitely a stable company. No fear of being laid off or fired if you show up and even perform at a minimal level. Many people here surf the internet and are not even talked to about it as long as they get their work done. Great pay for the work and the bonus is very generous. Very open to work life balance. I have been told that I could work from home up to 3 days a week, no problem. I see virtual offices taking place someday

Cons

Very conservative and slow to implement technological change although that is changing as people retire. Doesn't have a gym at headquarters, which is strange because many other locations do. Also, free food would be great.

Advice to Management

Build a gym at world headquarters and make it accessible to spouses as well. You would be doing many people a HUGE favor.

Other Employee Reviews for John Deere

1. "Mfg Engr Ankeny"

Former Employee - Mfg Engineer in Ankeny, IA
    Former Employee - Mfg Engineer in Ankeny, IA

I worked at John Deere full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fair pay and benefits. Lots of resources available. Good training opportunities.

Cons

Management at Ankeny was the worst I have encountered. Management by intimidation. Good old boy network was alive. Lean manufacturing was just for show, would do just enough to cover the audit. I would hope management has changed since I left. Ankany was always at the bottom of the internal employee satisfaction survey.

Advice to Management

Let your employees think for themselves. Most of management would should retire

2. "Better than most"

Current Employee - Field Service in Waterloo, IA
    Current Employee - Field Service in Waterloo, IA

I have been working at John Deere full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, benefits & bonuses. Vacation time is generous.

Cons

They preach work-life balance. Did you notice in that sentence work is first? It's not a coincidence.

Advice to Management

Let your engineers do what they are paid to do. Keep an eye on low level managers, some of them are out of control. Sometimes it's not micro-managing, it's pico-managing!