John Muir Health - dd | Glassdoor

"dd"

Former Employee - Manager in Walnut, CA
Former Employee - Manager in Walnut, CA

I worked at John Muir Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people - non-management employees and hospital folks were great to work with
Good benefits for management - pay is above market but the real bucks start at Director level
Big, slow organization - no innovation, infrastructure is from 1990s

Cons

Accountability is not important
Senior leadership lacks controls over e-business Directors; high turnover rates in department
Big, slow organization - used paper time sheets and manual reviews up to 2012, for 6500 employees.

Other Employee Reviews for John Muir Health

"Too Big to see the Big picture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

I have been working at John Muir Health part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The pay was great! Great collection of skilled employees, mostly good , hard working people.

Cons

Too many chiefs! Disconnected supervisory echelon. Corrupt power players in top positions - siphoning profits. Not forward thinking. In desperate need of restructuring.

Advice to Management

You ought to listen to your employees, they can tell u alot about your business!

2. "great company to work for"

Former Employee - Referral Coordinator/Medical Assistant in Walnut Creek, CA
    Former Employee - Referral Coordinator/Medical Assistant in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at John Muir Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

excellent room for growth, great benefits! excellent learning experience, able to work around your schedule!

Cons

the turnover of managers at 1 particular site! the hiring of externs just because lack of staff and many are ignoring the patients as they gossip and talk on their cell phones, ive waited on hold for over 1/2 hour, the patients should feel safe and the staff should be more sympethic to their situation as we all would want to feel the same if we are in the same situation. the hiring of younger unskilled asympethic individuals per one hiring manager at the concord office stated ( we want young blood so that we may train them how we want them as they are set in their ways) compared to mature and very highly skilled individuals. ive work for a few major hospitals,stanford and uc davis and i learned how their systems worked and how their facility ran, i am able to adapt to any medical setting due to my experience, i see it as a little discrimination and after 9 years of dedicated service and 8 very much younger individuals whom were at the job 7 years less then me and my 20 plus years experience i did feel like i was discriminated against.

Advice to Management

your operations are greatly appreciated! you strive to make employees happy and the operations run smoother, you also take seriously any problems that arise and i believe john muir can only get better! i would look closley at the individuals that are hired over ones with much more expierence and longevity and see how many younger and underskilled individuals are being placed over ones like myself whom have much more expierence and more mature or i do see a lawsuit regarding discrimination.