John Muir Health - At one point I would of gave them 5 stars...Not getting better with time | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for John Muir Health

"At one point I would of gave them 5 stars...Not getting better with time"

Current Employee - Accounting in Walnut Creek, CA
Current Employee - Accounting in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at John Muir Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have really good benefits, and the coworkers make it enjoyable. The pay is competitive. Good location, Close to Bart.

Cons

Lots of disconnect. Staff reductions leaves no opportunity for advancement, only more work to be done. Computers and software are out of date.

Advice to Management

Lead by example and work as hard as your staff does.

Other Employee Reviews for John Muir Health

"Love my coworkers!"

Pros

Love the other staff - nurses and CNAs. Everyone is so friendly, helpful and team-oriented.

Cons

John Muir is a not-for-profit hospital and is considered "financially strong", but I feel like they make budget cuts that are unsafe for staff and patients. Like ridiculous nurse-to-patient ratios.

2. "Change some Epic management!!"

Former Contractor - Epic HIM analyst
    Former Contractor - Epic HIM analyst

I worked at John Muir Health as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The director, managers and staff of the HIM department as well as my team members were awesome to work with! The director was so easy to communicate with and was very open to the huge change of implementing Epic. The managers were also very smart and professional. I would work with any of them any day.

Cons

Unfortunately the management of the Epic project team is HORRIBLE! Never communicating with consultants on whether they would be extended. Then at the last minute asking for extensions and two days later telling you that this is your last day when your users and team members love and need you! They lack any empathy and are completely unprofessional in their communication skills. That's if they communicate with you at all and they only do when they are called out on something after the fact. I would never work for that team as long as that management is there.

Advice to Management

Leave because people like you never learn to be empathetic to your staff who is doing all the actual work. (This is only in regards to the epic team management.) As for HIM management I hope you get the support you deserve and succeed in every way!