John Muir Health - A Good Place to Work, Just Be Aware That Management can Loose Track of How Much THey Are Expecting You to DO | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for John Muir Health

"A Good Place to Work, Just Be Aware That Management can Loose Track of How Much THey Are Expecting You to DO"

Current Employee - Skilled Labor in Walnut Creek, CA
Current Employee - Skilled Labor in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at John Muir Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots Of Jobs to be had, fair pay, good working conditions, leadership is dedicated, Patients are well treated. good benefits and insurance.

Cons

New management and new management styles seem to not really care about the way things have been done to build the reputation John Muir now has, aggressive cost cutting and budget cutting in order to free up money for new practice's and facility acquisitions will eventually affect patient care and the overall reputation.

Advice to Management

Listen to staff before problems arise, remember that it is the common staff that keeps the place operating and they are the first face the public sees.

Other Employee Reviews for John Muir Health

1. "The company I want to continue working for"

Former Employee - Customer Service REp in Concord, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service REp in Concord, CA

I worked at John Muir Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people I've worked with was what made me want to come to work everyday. In my department , everybody worked as a team and was always there to help each other out.

Cons

The only con I can think of working for this company is when the laboratory was sold and many employees were laid off, the company should have shown more effort to place them in different areas in the hospitals/departments. I heard some employers who applied for position that fits them weren't chosen but the position was given to someone else other than former employer of john muir .

"At one point I would of gave them 5 stars...Not getting better with time"

Current Employee - Accounting in Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Accounting in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at John Muir Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have really good benefits, and the coworkers make it enjoyable. The pay is competitive. Good location, Close to Bart.

Cons

Lots of disconnect. Staff reductions leaves no opportunity for advancement, only more work to be done. Computers and software are out of date.

Advice to Management

Lead by example and work as hard as your staff does.