Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital - Awesome benefits!!!! | Glassdoor

"Awesome benefits!!!!"

Current Employee - Office Assistant Ll in Saint Petersburg, FL
Current Employee - Office Assistant Ll in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital (More than 3 years)

Pros

Networking is a plus, teaching hospital so plenty room for advancement.

Cons

Because is a teaching hospital salary is not great.

Advice to Management

Be more competitive with wages

Other Employee Reviews for Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital

"Unsafe practices regarding excessive floating that is expected of us"

Current Employee - NeoNatal Intensive Care, 33 Yrs Exp in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - NeoNatal Intensive Care, 33 Yrs Exp in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Really..none ...
     I am in the process of resigning...very unsafe

Cons

NICU nurses have been staffing the CVICU for ~ 3 mos now....we are NOT trained in this specialty area, yet, we are required to float there shift after shift..taking patients with pacer wires, fresh post-ops, fresh cardiac caths.. They would NEVER allow a new nurse to walk in and take the patients we have to care for,..but somehow, its OK for a NICU nurse. They play by the "a nurse is a nurse is a nurse" rule. One float experience, there were 3 NICU nurses ..all floated to CVIC. My "resourse" was another NICU nurse..??

Advice to Management

Absolutely asinine "rules" regarding NICU floating..per diem staff ALWAYS float...There are FT nurses that have not floated in 10 yrs., but per diem float ALWAYS..even when they send out a call for any staff to work , due to busy unit, shortages..They let the over time people work , and send out the regularly scheduled per diem to staff CVICU. Pay for per diem is the lowest of the 3 Fl. NICU's I have worked at. Never a raise in 5 yrs...not even cost of living.

"Does not follow Evidence Based Care in NICU"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Self scheduling. Your request is usually met unless one of the golden nurses wants it.

Cons

The NICU is bigger than they can manage. Too little attention is given to appropriate nurse to neonate assignments and evidence based practice is not being followed. For example: Ampicillin is not supposed to be run through the same line as Dextrose and Amino Acids. TPN is full of Dextrose and Amino Acids and they continue to run them together even when I showed them in Neofax that is was not compatible. There are many more examples. In addition, there is a group of nurses that always get the assignments that they want and never give others the opportunity to get the experience with the more critical patients. Co-workers are rude and there is very little team work. Pumps and alarms would go off all night before another nurse would check on it if it wasn't their assigned baby. Sad....just sad.

Advice to Management

How about some team building activities and some better understanding of what evidenced based nursing is!