Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory - Highly motivated employees and great benefits. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory

"Highly motivated employees and great benefits."

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Laurel, MD
Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Laurel, MD

I have been working at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- APL encourages creativity/innovation through various internal projects that all staff are encouraged to contribute to.
- Good benefits - Gym, matching 403b (after the first year), vacation + sick leave, health, dental, vision (limited), life insurance, etc.
- Continued education and training is HIGHLY encouraged and paid for. There is a great Masters program for those who want to work full time and get a MS.
- Great work environment. Everyone is friendly and respects each other.

Cons

- Very little oversight for new employees. This was my first job out of college and had a rough time with my tasks and expectations with very little direction.
- Politics - I tend to stay out of politics when I can, but many of APL's sponsors are Government related, which can make things difficult.

Other Employee Reviews for Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory

1. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Laurel, MD
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Laurel, MD

I have been working at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Co-workers are truly focused on solving challenging technical issues. This means that there is a culture of teamwork, challenge and interesting work.
    Location in Howard County means a great commute and the work environment is positive.

Cons

The volume of work is high and at times finding ways to "get it all done" is difficult

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging innovative and impactful solutions for our sponsors.

2. "office administrator"

Current Employee - Office Administrator in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Office Administrator in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

very great working experience and good co-workers

Cons

no opportunities for growth and advancement

Work at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory? Share Your Experiences

Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory